Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Didn't I promise?

Here it is:

As promised, here's the completed back of the sweater for my DH. In case you're wondering, it's made with Lamb's Pride yarn from Brown Sheep in charcoal heather, onyx, and medieval red. The original pattern from the Stitch n Bitch book used the Brown Sheep "raspberry" color instead - but that other color seemed a little too bright for my and my hubby's taste. The medieval red color is really working out - I definitely like it better.

So, I tried very hard to smooth out the edges so that you could see the shaping - but since it's done in stockinette stitch, I don't think I need to tell you that the edges have a tendency to curl.

I nearly had a catastrophe when it came to working the shoulders - because I had trouble understanding the instructions - so the right shoulder side is a little wonky - but I figured it out for the left shoulder - and I'm hoping with blocking that it'll rectify itself.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, those legs at the top of the picture belong to one of my cats. It was very difficult to keep them away from it - they were sitting on it, trying to play with the yarn that needs to be weaved in, etc. But, that's to be expected with cats.

So, tonight I'll be casting on for the front of the sweater and working that. I'm hoping that it will go a little smoother the second time around!


In other news, the spring semester started today. I only taught one of my classes though - tomorrow I have the other two. I nearly had a fit this morning though - because they posted the classrooms and they ended up putting me in a classroom without multimedia which I need. But, as I was setting up and seething, an administrator came and moved me to a new room. Not only was it a new room - but it was actually an auditorium. Quite an upgrade!! It seemed a little silly given that it's a small class (with only 20 students) but I still got a kick out of it. Beyond that, it was great seeing my students again (even those that are not in any of my classes this semester) - they were all very happy to see me. It just gave me that warm and fuzzy feeling!

Thanks to those of you who are reading my blog and actually making comments!!! I get a really kick out of knowing that other people might be interested in reading about my daily escapades.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

non knitting related question from a knitting fellow blogger. I'm using blospot too and I wanted to added a current projects section too. I can get the tile bar but what is the code for the comment section so that I can post my current projects. Basically if if you can just tell me how you did yours and I can copy that to mine. Email if you want, it should be linked in my profile. Thanks

11:29 AM  
Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

Hey there, thanks for starting your blog. I'm always glad to find a teacher or professor, who is also a knitter, blogging. Looking forward to reading yours.

Lella from the KR

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home