Friday, January 27, 2006

A solution and a sickness

Well, the weekend approaches. Hooray! I'm not quite sure if I'll be able to post during the weekend. We shall see.

A bunch of knitting news to report. First, you may have noticed that I decided to join a knitalong. Specifically, it's a knitalong for people who want to make their first sock. Since I have this fantasy of knitting myself some cashmere socks one day, I thought that this might be the motivation I need to learn how to tackle socks and dpns! Unfortunately, it may be a little while before I can get going on them because there will be a number of other things occupying my attention (more on that in a bit) in the next few days.

The manly sweater is coming along well - I was able to finish about half of the bottom gray portion of the front of the sweater. My goal was to finish the gray bottom part today - but I may be prevented from doing so (more on that in a bit too).

The last bit of knitting news is that I was able to figure out what to do about my friends' engagement gift. I got a bunch of knitting books from the library (I just love that the library is so fabulous for getting all sorts of knitting books! It's a great opportunity to check them out before actually purchasing them). One of them, Gorgeous Knitted Afghans has this one afghan in particular that I have been drooling over. Here's a picture of it - it's called Autumn Twilight:

So, what do you think? It's made with Artful Yarns Portrait, and I was able to get a FANTASTIC deal on it at http://www.knit2purl2.com. They're selling the yarn for $8 a skein (when it's normally about 10.50 a skein). Since the afghan requires about 8 skeins, I think it's a good choice - both special and won't break the bank.

In non knitting news, my husband caught a terrible virus and is sick - VERY sick. So sick in fact that he had to stay home from work today which he's never done as long as I've known him (which is about 7 years). So, I may not be able to get in any knitting tonight because I'll be looking after him. It's no fun being sick!

Well, I think that's it for now. Thanks again for those of you leaving comments and reading my blog! Back to working on school stuff - lectures for the upcoming week! Fun fun!!

3 Comments:

Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

Prof, your hubby needs to watch for that thing creeping down into his lungs. (_)D some cyber chicken soup!

The Afghan is lovely, such soft and beautiful colors. Glad you found the yarn for it. Isn't the public library system one of the greatest things in our country?

8:23 PM  
Blogger Terri H. said...

Hey Professor. I read your blog announcement over on Knitters Review and came by to check you out. Hope your husband feels better (knit while he dozes).

In honor of your blog I'm also tagging you for a meme (feel free to ignore it or come back to it if you need some writing inspiration).

The subjects:

Four jobs in your life [best to worst]
Four movies you could watch over and over
Four places you have lived
Four places you have been on vacation
Four websites you visit daily
Four of your favorite foods
Four places you'd rather be right now
Four bloggers you are tagging

Knit on.

9:19 AM  
Blogger YarnB said...

The afghan is INCREDIBLY beautiful! I am going to go to that site. I just might have to make that! SHOOT, there is just not enough time to make everything that I want to make! I love the colors and what a wonderful present for your friends. Really thoughtful!

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home