Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Where have I been??!!

Sorry it's been a few days since I've posted. There's a very good reason for that. Unfortunately, I caught my husband's nasty virus. So, I was not well enough to tend to the blog. I'm feeling much better now which is the good news.

On the knitting front, my yarn already came for the afghan. In only two days!!! That online store rocks! So, anyway, I started working with my new yarn. It's the first time that I'm working with a yarn that's mostly mohair so it's a little tricky. Plus, I've been struggling a little with the stitch pattern - I've only done about four rows - but it's taking me forever because of the tricky yarn and it's knit with two strands together..plus, there are lots of increases and decreases interspersed...why this afghan is rated as easy is beyond me. So, I may or may not decide to frog it and start over - the beautiful thing about mohair though is that it hides a lot of problems - so it may not be such an issue.

The manly sweater has been coming along too - I'm working on the color pattern for the front of the sweater...but since my friends' engagement is not too far away, it'll have to be put aside for a little while until i finish the afghan.

So, I noticed I've been tagged! How fun! Thank you, Terry! So, here are the questions:

Four jobs in your life [best to worst]
1. My current job as assistant professor is definitely the best
2. Teaching assistant/Research assistant
3. Consultant for textbook company
4. Summer intern at Merrill Lynch (my dad works in finance and thought I might like to try out finance - I did NOT enjoy it)

Four movies you could watch over and over
1. The Lord of the Rings trilogy (Ok - i know this is really three movies - but it's my meme so I get to fudge the rules a little)
2. Kill Bill vols. 1 & 2 (same rule applies here)
3. Mean Girls (everything you ever want to know about adolescent behavior is in this movie)
4. Anchorman

Four places you have lived
1. NYC
2. Fairfield county, connecticut
3. London
4. Long Island, NY

Four places you have been on vacation
1. London
2. Paris
3. Italy (Rome, Venice, Florence, Milan, etc.)
4. Switzerland (Geneva, Zurich)

Four websites you visit daily
1. various email sites (gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc. - i have waaaay too many email accounts)
2. http://youknitwhat.blogspot.com
3. www.google.com
4. www.knittersreview.com or www.knitty.com

Four of your favorite foods
1. Mac n Cheese
2. Chocolate: chocolate chip cookies, chocolate cake, or just chocolate au naturale
3. Grilled cheese
4. Spinach Pie

Four places you'd rather be right now
1. Actually, I'm at home right now, and there's really no place I'd rather be - but I guess I wouldn't mind being on vacation!!

Four bloggers you are tagging
How's this - if you're reading this and you haven't been tagged yet - YOU'RE IT!!!!

Have a great night everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home