Thursday, February 02, 2006

Just for a little fun

So, in my recent blog browsings, I came upon a post from The Scattered Gemini and she described something that sounded like it would be fun to share with my blog readers.

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the sentence in your blog along with these instructions.
5. Don't search around and look for the "coolest" book you can find. Do what's actually next to you.


So, I went over to one of our bookcases (we have waaaaaay too many books, our bookcases are overflowing - but that story is for a different entry) and randomnly pulled out Kurt Vonnegut's Breakfast of Champions.

Let's hope that this provides us with some wise words:

"It was collapsing into all the holes which had been dug into it"

Now, I'm going to get back to working on my afghan while I ponder the deeper meaning of that!!

1 Comments:

Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

My favorite quote from that book is ffrom Kilgore Trout.

"You have given me a life not worth living and an indomitable will to live."

Doesn't that just about sum up the Big Question of why we are here, to Amuse the Gods?

1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home