Monday, February 06, 2006

And the afghan moves on!

Well, it's a new week!! I've been working furiously on the afghan and have made a lot of progress. This is how it looks so far:



The colors are a little hard to see - for example, the stripes are in bright blue. But, you get the idea. It's moving a little faster as I get more used to the lace pattern - I'm about half way through and I'm really happy with it. I'll tell you though - I'll be happy to get back to the Manly Sweater - it's so much easier in comparison!

The engagement is scheduled for Thursday - I probably won't have it finished by then - but I'd like to finish as close to the engagement as I can. At the rate I'm going, it'll probably be about a week or so before it's done. That's not too bad, right?

In other news, classes have been going well - it's been busy but enjoyable. I still get a little anxious before my advanced level class. It's always so hard to conduct a seminar style class - and my students are so bright. I just want them to get a good experience out of it - most of the advanced seminars I took as an undergrad or grad student were just horrendous - and i'd hate to have them feel the same way.

What else - well, the sister swap starts tomorrow. I'll be really excited to see who I'm paired up with and to start sending little gifts. How fun!!

Have a great night everyone!!

1 Comments:

Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

It looks luscious and cuddly, too. It's going to be a beauty and a beautiful gift.

3:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home