Wednesday, April 05, 2006

New projects on the horizon

Spring is in the air - well, almost. It actually snowed today. Argh! Just when I was getting used to the warmer weather too.

In knitting news, I started up on the new projects - the shrug and the short-sleeved vintage sweater. The Rio de la Plata is really working out great for the shrug. The yarn is really lovely - it feels so soft and is just a joy to knit with...especially after spending several weeks knitting with 3 strands of Kidsilk Haze held together. So far, I've finished the ribbing on the shrug. Here's a progress picture:


As I mentioned, I also started the vintage sweater. Now, this is going to be much more of a challenge. For one thing, it's knit on size 2 and 3 needles. I'm using Rowan 4 ply cotton in cooking apple. Here's what the color of the yarn looks like:


I'm actually pretty excited about the color - I don't have anything in that color green. It'll be great for spring - that is, provided I can finish it before spring is over!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home