Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I have 3 grannies!

3 granny squares that is! Yes, my yarn from knitpicks arrived on Monday, and I've started working on the granny square blanket. Here's a sample of 3 of the squares:


Aren't they just adorable? I love them and can't wait to see them all finished. Although that will be a while..the whole afghan is supposed to be 56 of these little (ok, not so little) granny squares. So, 3 down 53 to go! As I finished my first square, my husband was kind enough to remind me that if I do one a day, I'll be done in 2 months! Argh. He's probably right - but it was something else to hear it out loud. But, it'll be so cute when it finally is finished.

In case you're interested, the afghan is made using Wool of the Andes. Hyacinth is the main corner (on all outer borders). The other colors are: blueberry, hush, mulled wine, chambray, asparagus, violet, and tulip.

I also finished the lower border of the lacy tee:
It's blocking right now before I go ahead and pick up stitches and start the back. I can't wait. I'm really happy with how it's coming so far. The lace pattern is just so lovely.

Also, the second half of the ribbon purse is finished - I just need to put the two together.

In other news, my classes are finished! My exams are graded and the grades are in! I'm going to my first graduation as a faculty member tomorrow so that should be kind of a kick. Now with the semester behind me, I can get back to writing again and planning my courses for the fall.

My secret pals have also been hard at work. Yesterday, I received a little package in the mail from my sp8 pal. Here's what was in it:


That's a handmade card that you're looking at - with the prettiest little stitch markers. Unfortunately, one of the stitch markers did not fair well in the mail and broke - but I just love them! Thank you secret pal - I am just overwelmed!

Speaking of secret pals, a package for my secret pal will go out today - and I can't wait to hear how she likes it!

3 Comments:

Blogger Nic said...

I have 3 sets of squares that I never got it together enough to put together! OI!

11:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bummer . . . about the stitch marker that didn't survive. . . I guess I need to pack your next little goodie better . . . even though I'm pretty sure it is not going to break . . . so be on the lookout for another package to arrive (this one is bigger). Looking a your granny squares brought back such wonderful memories . . . I can't wait to see the completed blanket . . .

*Your SP8*

2:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

look at all your lovely granny squares. i'm so envious! you're moving right along with your crochet.

i can't wait to see how your lacey tee comes out too. you're so good! blocking and all.. i don't know that i've ever had the patience to block. then again, i've never made lace, so that could be why.

can't wait to see how all your projects progress.

one skein pal

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home