Saturday, May 13, 2006

A new camera!

I had intended to post sooner, but there were a few things that got in my way this week. For one, classes were wrapping up. As of now, my classes are over for the semester - I still have exams though and tons of papers to grade! But, at least no more lecturing for me until the fall! So, anyway, I had a variety of loose ends to tie up this week.

Also, my husband has been on vacation which has left little time for blogging. Oh - and we had the great misfortune of both coming down with a cold this week. We definitely caught the same bug - we had the same exact symptoms at the same time.

I do have good news though - we actually bought a digital camera! After doing a lot of research on the matter, we finally made our decision. This is great news because my photos should be a lot better than before! For example, look at this great picture of my cat, Frodo (hint: sarcasm)!

Doesn't he look possessed??!! I honestly don't know quite what happened here. He looks good but his eyes look so strange - which is such a shame because he's such a beauty. Next time maybe I'll try taking the picture during the day time.

But, seriously, the camera has already been taking some much improved pictures of my projects, and that's the important thing! The crocheted fat-bottom bag is almost finished - I just need to work on the handle flaps..and then get myself a handle! But, I took 2 different pictures so that you can get a sense of what it looks like:











It's coming along quite nicely I must say! I took a picture of the bag folded up to appromixate what it will actually look like when it's finished.

I also started working on a guage swatch for the lacy tee. I'm excited to get to work on that one - the mercerized cotton is just so lovely.

So, I should really run - but I thought I'd give a shout out to my two secret pals! It was great getting emails from you this week, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you over the next couple of months.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

that always happens with animal eyes and the red eye editing doesn't work. good job witht he pictures though, look good!

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you and hubby are under the weather . . . drink lots of OJ and get a lot of rest . . . love your cat Frodo (looks a lot like my black cat - including the eye color) . . . love your bag can't wait to see pics of it completed . . . take care!!!!

"Your Secret Pal"

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was great to meet you. i've got that bug worked out... you know the one that showed you a name? well, that's my partner/hubby, whatever. he doesn't have much of an online presence, so it's likey you can't trace him back to me. ahhh, how i love subterfuge...

any publishers interested in your dissertation?

your other secret pal (1 skeins rock)

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home