Saturday, May 06, 2006

More adventures in crochet

So, I finished the striped scarf that I mentioned previously. Here it is:
It only took me a few days - everything goes so much faster in crochet. I really like the color pattern - although it was a little different than the color pattern pictured in the book. I'm thinking I might send it over eventually as a gift for my secret pal..but we shall see.

That reminds me, I got the contact information for me secret pal. It's going to be a fun-filled next few months.

So, with the scarf finished, I started working on the fat bottom bag from the Happy Hooker. Here's the picture from the book:


I'm doing mine in blue though, and I think I'll crochet a little flower rather than get a fake plastic flower pin. So far, it's going well - once I figured out that I needed to download the errata because there was an error in the first row!

I also got a new crochet book from amazon while I was picking up a little something as the last gift for my secret sister (hey, I wanted to get free shipping - ok, poor excuse). Here's the book:


They have some really cute patterns listed that I'm really excited to make. But, that won't happen until I finish a few things first.

In other news, classes are almost over and I'll really looking forward to having a slightly slower pace. I can't believe that my first year as a professor is almost over. It's been quite an adventure...but a successful adventure at that so far.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nic said...

Your scarf is really cute. I'm trying to get it together to work on a summery purse too. I've been in this chartreuse mood.

7:04 PM  
Blogger Old Knitter said...

Hi Robin . . . it is I "YOUR SECRET PAL!" Your scraf is very beautiful and I hope you do gift it. Now that you will be having all kinds of "free time" keep posting your beautiful work . . . this is also helping me to get ideas of what to give you . . . till later . . .

YOUR SECRET PAL

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home