Tuesday, May 30, 2006

It's been a few days

Sorry it's been more than a few days since my last post. With the holiday weekend, I was out gallivanting with my husband. The weather is finally getting nice around here - so we took the opportunity to go for a bit of a drive and go hiking. I should have brought my camera to take a few pictures - it was just so incredibly beautiful.

Since my last post, I also participated in the undergraduate graduation. That was quite an experience! As a faculty member, I actually got to sit on the stage! I must say though that it was a little overrated because it was very hot from all of the lights and just exhausting. It's a good thing that the faculty had special ceremonial garb though - that way I wasn't mistaken for a student. A little funny thing happened - on our way marching to the stage, I was next to this other new faculty member who is also young - definitely under 30...and as we walked up, one of the parents said out loud, "It's so nice to see young faculty!". It just kind of made us laugh!

In knitting news, I picked up the stitches for my lace tee and am now working on the back. I've done about 25 rows but it's taking a while to make any kind of progress as I am on size 3 needles. Also, the grannies are coming along - I have 8 finished and hope to have 9 after today. Slow and steady.

I also received a package in the mail. I thought that the package was from my secret pal, but after some detective work, it turns out that it was from my secret sister. The secret sister swap ended about a month ago so I totally forgot about it, so thank you secret sister. So, check out what was inside:
A variety of lovely stitch markers and...









Four skeins of wool yarn from Dale of Norway - I think they're navy - although it's probably a little hard to tell from the picture. But, they're a very dark navy almost black. Regardless, very useful - I know I'll be able to use them in the not so distant future. So, thanks again!

I also received a postcard with this image from my one skein secret pal with a heads up about my skein on its way. It should be very interesting to see what arrives.

It's just been so fun checking the mail each day. Thanks to all of my pals!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope your hiking was nice. don't forget your camera next time! i want to see it all.

so you have a secret sister and a secret pal and a one skein secret pal? sounds like lots of fun awaiting the mail each day.

glad you received the postcard.

your one skein pal

3:35 PM  
Blogger Nic said...

So did you sneak booze up there like all the graduates did?

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home