Monday, June 26, 2006

One step closer with the lace tee

Sorry it's been a few days since my last post. I had intended on posting Friday or Saturday but what little free time I had got tied up.

In non-knitting news, I had a wedding shower to go to yesterday for a very very old friend. I've known her since we were both 3 or 4. I hadn't been back to her family home for quite a while - and it was just so strange because I remembered everything from the eyes of a 12-or-so year old. I also had very strange deja vu feelings from the neighborhood. It was just a feeling of familiarity and newness all at the same time.

At school, I've been making great progress on my course for the fall. I'm almost done designing all of the labs - so that's majorly good news...and I submitted that paper for publication that I mentioned last week. So, I'm glad to get one of those off of my desk.

And now...to the knitting! I finished the front of the lace tee!!
Doesn't it look so great? I managed to figure out how to turn off the automatic flash - and I think it really allows you to better view the stitch pattern.

Anyway, I'm really happy with it so far - it needs some serious blocking - but overall, I think it'll really be great when it's done. So, now I have to cast on for the two short sleeves - but I definitely feel that the worst is behind me!!

Also, I have passed the halfway point for the granny square afghan. So far, 31 squares down!! I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel yet - but I'm inching my way closer.

1 Comments:

Blogger NostalgicKnot said...

wow! it's a very nice lace knitting work! Good luck and I am waiting to see the finished garment.

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home