Saturday, June 03, 2006

One more post before I go-go

I had to put up one more post before I left for Charleston because I got the most amazing package in the mail from my SP8. She sent me a book - not just any book though. A book of her own from 1989 entitled Granny Crochet Favorites by Jean Leinhauser and Rita Weiss. The entire book is composed of projects that use granny squares. Here's a sample of some of the projects:














I love it! I think that with some different colors the projects could look very modern. I can't wait to try some of them out - that is, after I finish the current afghan. But, I should also mention that this book is really not just a book of granny squares - for my secret pal it has tremendous sentimental value which she described in this amazing note with a card that she made herself!

Thank you so much, secret pal! I can't tell you how moved I was to receive the book and your description of your memories with your grandmother crocheting. I know that this book has beyond monetary value for you so I was just totally blown away to receive it. So, I couldn't leave without sharing that.

Also, Frodo felt left out of the last post, so here's a picture of him sleeping on our couch this morning!


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you received the book before you left on your vacation and that you like it . . . I agree - with todays yarns you will have no trouble updating the projects. You have done such beautiful projects in the past that I can't wait to see how far you have progressed on your own "granny afghan."

Your SP8 Pal

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home