Friday, June 09, 2006

I'm back home!

Well, I'm back from Charleston. It was good to be down there for a few days - but it really is good to be back home again. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures while I was down there - but I'll fill you in on some of the highlights.

Sunday: we drove and drove and drove down there - took us about 12 hours! But, we finally arrived exhausted.

Monday: my dad took me on a carriage tour of the city - the kind where the tour guides dress like they're in confederate army:

We also went to two Spoleto events - we saw a chamber music concert and an orchestral concert with a large choral component.

Tuesday: We went to Middleton Place - it was a plantation and was simply beautiful. They had such amazingly beautiful grounds with all sorts of wildlife. We saw alligators, all sorts of wild birds and they had a farm with chickens, sheep, horses, goats, and peacocks! Here's a birds-eye view of what the plantation looks like today:
The picture doesn't really do it justice - it kind of looks like a golf course/country club from the picture - it's much more natural and untouched in real life. Believe me, it's beautiful.

On Wednesday, we went to some of the beach towns nearby and also checked out this Hopper exhibit at the Gibbes Museum of Art.

Thursday, I came home but was delayed and my trip ended up taking over the whole day.

During my trip, I made a lot of progress on my projects too. I got through 7 more granny squares and am almost finished with the back of the lace tee. So, I'm quite pleased about that.

In other news, I heard an update from my friend about the engagement. It's officially off - as I had suspected. Although I didn't suspect how it happened - to make a long story short, he basically walked out on her. Everything was okay and normal - he went off to work - and when he was at worked he emailed her saying that the wedding was off. EMAILED HER!! Plus, no explanation why. She's tried calling him and emailing him to find out what happened - and he doesn't return her calls or emails. What a coward. Can you imagine? I mean I guess it could have been worse - what would have happened if he decided to walk out on her when they were married with children - but it's still quite devastating.

Anyway, so I'll be getting together with her this week to catch up and see how she's doing.

That's it for now! It's great to be back home!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

already back from Charleston?

Oh no! I hoped to have a package to you by the time you returned. now that's not going to happen.

your trip sounded delightful. i hope the weather behaved.

your one skein pal

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home