Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Hot! Hot! Hot!

It's very hot here in knitwitville - I know it's very hot just about everywhere in the country - but I've just about had it with this heat over here - it's supposed to get a little cooler this weekend - but who knows??!!

So, to keep cool (aside from staying in A/C as much as possible) I think about fall - my favorite season! I just love that crisp air! Sweater-weather - you know, the weather where you need a sweater but NOT a jacket. Love it!

Well, it's actually been easy to think about fall because so many fall previews are up for the knitting mags. I just love checking out the previews - even if I'm not so interested in a particular pattern - there's something about getting those sneak peaks! I'm very much digging this Bianca Sweater pattern at Interweave in particular:
There's something about it that seems so earthy - maybe it's the yarn - but I just love some of the details in the sweater pattern. So, I think that may be on my list at some point!

Did you also see the new Rowan? Also, very intruiging. Some of those fair isles are fantastic - so British!

I must say that I'm also very anxious to see the new fall Interweave Crochet and the new Crochet Today magazine.

So many magazines - so little time!!!!

Now that I think about it, it's pretty funny that I take such pleasure at looking at the fall knitting patterns because I am not a fan of looking at the fall previews in the clothing stores. For some reason, it just seems to hot to be looking at fall clothes - but not fall patterns - go figure! Maybe I'm just odd that way.

I've been continuing to make good progress on Matilda Jane - I'm still really loving it. I haven't made any progress on the afghan though - I think it's just too hot to deal with all of that wool!!! Even in the air conditioning!!!

Anyway, I've got a big day tomorrow - I'm meeting up with my TAs for the lab class. Let's hope it goes well - I've put so much work into this course - it better be great!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey You . . . looks like you have finally gotten the heat that was here on the West Coast soooooo I guess sending you "chocolate" is out of the question right now (I may have thunk of a way of getting some to you - we'll see-hehehe!) . . . knitting during a heatwave seems just toooooo much for the mind and body but I also like that Bianca Swerater and it would look really cute in some yummy fall colors . . .

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like that bianca sweater too. what color would you chose for it? there were so many lovely designs in this month's issue. i drooled. don't normally do that though. am working on something for you... and hope to send it towards the end of the month. and i'll let ou know who i am then, too!

one sk pal

12:27 PM  
Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

Hope the meeting was great, and even if it got out of hand, as they sometimes do, that you got out the cudgel and put it on the table. Just joking.

That's a lovely little sweater. Just right for Indian summer eves.

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home