Saturday, July 22, 2006

Oooh! Knitting progess!

As promised last time, I have photographs of the finished Lace Tee to share! I finished all of the crochet edging on Wednesday night, blocked her, and then even wore her out on the town! Well, actually I wore her to work - nothing too glamorous...but you get the idea! So, I have a few shots to share. Here's the requisite "FO on the table" shot:
It's really amazing what a little blocking will do. The stitches look way more even than before. Ok, so how about on a human being...and by human being, I mean me!
So, there she is in all of her glory! Now, it certainly fits in all the areas that it needs to - except it's a little wide in the shoulders and neck. If I'm not paying attention, one of the sides will drop down past my shoulders - think '80s fashion. But, it's not too terrible. The main thing is that it is certainly wearable and looks pretty good, if I do say so! When I wore it out, I didn't have any weird "what is she wearing" type stares - so I guess that's a good sign! So, another object finished!

Since I finished up with that, I started working on Matilda Jane - and I've finished the lace neckband. It actually is pretty long! I could barely get the whole thing on camera:

But, you can't really see what's going on there so here's a closeup of the stitch detail:

Much better! I think it really looks nice - so now I've got to pick up the stitches on the straight end and start working on the body of the sweater! How exciting! This pattern is going to be a bit of a challenge - I can tell already...however, the yarn - Rowan Wool Cotton - is a real treat to work with. As silly as it sounds, it makes me feel special just to work with it!

The afghan is also steadily coming along - 42 squares are in the can - I'll be spending the next few days sewing them up and adding them to the 28 that are already together. After that, I'll get a better sense of whether we're stopping at 49 squares or going all the way to 56!

Briefly, in school news, I've been making steady progress as well. The labs are done! Hooray! I also submitted an abstract to present at a conference in Spring 2007 - and I'm almost finished with some revisions on this 2nd paper - 2 out of 3 for the summer almost through!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. that came out so nice! it looks great. hurray for you. and the detailed shots of the edging are lovely!

one skein pal

10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL . . . absoluately beautiful!!!!! . . . you do good work girl! Love the color you are using for your Matilda Jane . . .

1:25 PM  
Blogger YarnB said...

Wow, that looks great!! My bottom part of the lace tee doesn't quite look like that though? Hmmm. Well I am only at the beginning so I need to wait and see. I think you did a beautiful job. I am using this Trinity Silk and Cotton yarn..It has a slightly nubby texture...

12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home