Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Surprise!

So, I'm back home! I arrived back home late on Monday and was just too exhausted to write until now (I've had a bit of jetlag).

Anyway, Paris was great! This was our second time in Paris as a couple (I've been 4 times). My husband and I just love the city - so absolutely beautiful! We were only there for a few days - one of which was taken up completely by the wedding...so we didn't get in too much sightseeing, but we did check out the Centre Pompidou - the largest modern art museum in Paris...which we really enjoyed. We also ate very very well. Saturday evening we had dinner at this AMAZING restaurant - Les Ambassadeurs which was really life changing - ultra-expensive but definitely the best meal of our lives so far. The wedding itself was beautiful. My cousin looked stunning - and it was great seeing all of the family. It had been about 2 years so it was great catching up with everyone.

In the past few days since I arrived back home, I've had a few surprises. For one, I got a lovely little postcard from my One Skein Secret Pal. It was in our mailbox when we just got home so it was a very nice surprise to know that my one skein pal has been thinking about me. Thank you!

Today, I got another big surprise in the mail. A package from my Secret 8 Pal! My pal REALLY outdid herself. I could tell that this was going to be quite the package - so I took pictures all along the way. Check out what I pulled out of the box:
Just the package itself brought such a smile to my face. Will you look at how she wrapped everything??!! Plus, that's another incredible homemade card! I just felt so special just opening the box!

Then, once the wrapping was removed, I was greeted by several smaller separately wrapped goodies!

Each little package was wrapped up with its own little notecard giving a little hint as to what was inside. This only created greater suspense because I knew I had to take a picture of all of these little jewels, but I couldn't wait to tear them all open. Plus, as you can see, the tuile that was wrapped around each package was very intriguing to my cat, Frodo!

So, enough suspense! What was inside? Take a look:
If you couldn't tell already, the package is completely crochet related!! Starting at the top left and going clockwise:
1. A Locker Hook: On one end is a crochet hook and the other is the eye of a needle. I know this will be very useful!

2. A crochet hook case! I can't even tell you how much I need this. As I'm crocheting more and more, I'm accumulating more and more crochet hooks...and they're sort of all over the place..and I've nearly lost probably each of them several times. This way, they can't get lost! Hooray! Plus, notice there's a tootsie roll pop in one of the pouches - I'm embarassed to say that it's already been eaten! I just couldn't help myself - it's been a very long time since I've had one of those!

3. A Circular Crochet Hook: I've never seen one of these before but imagine a circular knitting needle except that instead of knitting needles on each end - there are two crochet hooks. Talk about cool! I can't wait to play with it!

4. The July 2006 Crochet! Magazine - I've been eyeing this at the bookstore, but just haven't gotten around to purchasing it. So, this is great...but that's not all. Get this...my secret pal got me a SUBSCRIPTION to the magazine!!!! I'm so excited! I think it's definitely the best Crochet mag out there - no question - and it's my first subscription to any fiber arts magazine so I'm just thrilled about this.

5. Lastly, the Crochet Answer Book!! This was on my Amazon wishlist - I checked it out of the library and thought it was awesome - so I'm really excited to have it in my library. Such an amazing resource.

Plus, one last unintended part of the package:Yes, a cat toy!! My cats have been absolutely mezmerized by the wrapping! Aren't they so cute?

Well, that's everything! Thank you so much Secret Pal 8!! You really went above and beyond with this package. Such an incredible surprise, and I feel so spoiled! I really love everything - thank you thank you thank you!!

Anyway, it's time for me to go and make some dinner - but just thought I'd give you a little update. I finished the second sleeve on the lace tee - so now there's just seaming ahead!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Welcome! . . . Well I guess you didn't go to Paris, Texas . . . sounds like you and hubby had a wonderful time . . . I am so glad you liked your little package of gifts . . . I also have never seen circular crochet needles and am very curious as to what you would make using them . . . so do share when you get the answer! . . . I love to give gifts that keep on giving, don't you . . . Sam and Frodo look like they are having a ball (tissue paper! . . . so much for spending all that money on cats toys they never play with!) . . .

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Robin . . . forgot to tell you magazine will be arriving in about 4 to 6 weeks . . . (Ps . . . I had a ball gathering up everything for you)!!!!!!

9:46 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Paris--I am so jealous!;)
Glad you had a great time and it's always worth it to have a memorable meal...my hubby and I are planning a trip next May.
How nice to come home to packages as well!!

2:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home