Thursday, July 06, 2006

I'm leaving on a jet plane

Yes, it's true - I'm leaving on a plane today. For whatever reason, I kept forgetting to mention it on the blog. But, my hubby and I are going to a wedding in Paris for a family member of mine. We'll be coming back late on Monday - so we won't be gone for very long. She's getting married on Sunday so we'll have a few days beforehand to enjoy the city. Paris is one of our favorite places - so we're quite excited. As I type this, I'm reviewing my French by listening to one of those language cassette tapes. They're always so ridiculous, but I guess if I ever need to say, "He is the 22nd fireman", I'll be all set.

In knitting news, it won't be long before the lace tee is done. I'm almost done with the second sleeve - and then I'll just need to sew it up. Although I won't be bringing it with me on the plane because seaming is something I really need to do at home rather than on an airplane. I'm also making good progress on the afghan. 38 squares are now done - and I've sewn up 8. Take a look:
Looking good! This way, it gives you a good sense of what the afghan will look like when it's all done.

Also, my yarn for Matilda Jane came yesterday. I have to give major props to www.craftandsave.com. I ordered it on Monday morning, and it arrived yesterday - that's with the post office being closed on Tuesday. I'm just shocked. Plus, my yarn was cheaper than any other place I checked. So, here are the colors:

The yarn is Rowan Wool Cotton in August (the blue color) and Hiss (the lavender color). If you haven't checked out this yarn before, you should. It is heavenly. Soooo soft. I guess that's because it's 50% merino and 50% cotton. So, I can't wait to start on it - I'll be bringing a few balls with me to Paris.

So, I still have some packing to do - so I need to get back to that...but I'll be back soon!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

paris? lucky you.

thought of you when i saw this granny square swap at swap bot:

http://www.swap-bot.com/swap/show/438

your one skein pal

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home