Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Sewing is Sew Not Fun...and Surprise, Part 2!

What have I been up to lately? Well, as far as knitting goes, seaming, seaming, and more seaming! I've been seaming up the granny square afghan so that I get a sense of how large it is before I go ahead and crochet 56 squares. So far, 28 squares have been sewn up - and the afghan is pretty big!!! I think that I might be able to get away with 49 squares instead of 56 - especially since I might run out of yarn by then!

I've also been sewing up the lace tee - and all of the seaming is done!! However, you'll have to wait for next time to see a picture because I need to put 2 rows of sc at the neckline and sleeves. I can tell you though that it's looking pretty good!!

I've also started Matilda Jane. No seaming here, thank goodness! I would have started on this one sooner; however, it took me not one, not two, not three, but FOUR needle changes to finally get gauge!! I'm apparently a very loose knitter - at least in comparison with Ysolda!

In other news, as you could tell from my title, I received another glorious surprise yesterday from my One Skein Pal. When I received the package from our doormen, the package was an interesting round shape - that's because when I opened it, look what was inside:
The loveliest little round box! Inside, I was greeted by a number of goodies. Yes, it's true - not just one skein - but many fun things inside!
So, starting at the top and moving downwards:
1. A wonderful note from my one skein pal

2. A package of notecards - so cute and will be so useful to write to all of my future secret pals!

3. A gorgeous fan - so very useful in this terribly hot weather - I think it was over 100 degrees today!

4. An orange thimble - I can't help but think that my one skein pal and I must be on the same wavelength since I've been doing so much sewing!!!

5. A packet of playing cards - so whimsical in bright green!

6. Candy! Candy! You're looking at lemonheads and laffy taffy in grape. So good I've already helped myself to one of the laffy taffies!

7. Beautiful handmade soaps! These smell so good - in brazil nut, honey almond, and verbena scents. Yum!

8. Last, but certainly not least - the skein - you're looking at a skein of Noro Iro (75% wool, 25% silk). I LOVE IT!!! The colors are so bright and whimsical. I don't have anything like it - and I can't wait to make something really fun with it.

So, thank you, one skein pal! I love everything - you've really gone above and beyond the call of duty yet again!! I am really blessed with the BEST secret pals. Thank you so much again!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Nic said...

THe Noro is really really pretty

2:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm glad it arrived and that you like everything. when i took it to the post office the clerk asked whether it was a round of cheese. they're all so funny there. i haven't worked with the noro, but can't wait to see what you do with it. couldn't resist getting it for you, it is so lovely! and i hoped the fan might come in handy since weather everywhere has been hot.

one skein pal

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home