Monday, August 07, 2006

Knitting delays and a new pet (sorta)

The weather has been slightly cooler the last few days - so I've been more in the mood for knitting..but I was delayed in my knitting attempts for a few days anyway. In the midst of working on Matilda Jane, I realized that there was some unevenness in the stitch counts between a few markers. So, I emailed the lovely and helpful Ysolda who provided some much welcome advice (basically, I'm ignoring it since you can't tell anyway) - and in the last couple days, I finished the bust shaping! Hooray! Plus, I can actually try it on - here it is so far:
I had a lot of trouble trying to take this picture because the flash kept bouncing off of the mirror so I decided to take it without the flash - and the colors aren't quite right..but I think you get the idea. Anyway, I LOVE how the cardigan is turning out. It's really a fantastic design. And the yarn - the yarn! I know I've gone on and on about the Rowan Wool Cotton - but it really is fantastic. Well, anyway it actually won't be too much longer until I start working on the button bands and facings - which should be interesting since I've never knit a cardigan before..but this is such a well-written pattern that I know I'll get through it!!

In terms of the afghan progress, I managed to crochet one more square. I know - not very impressive. I just really can't bring myself to play with wool right now...but maybe in a few days I'll be able to get over that.

In other news, DH and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary this weekend! I can't believe that it's been 5 years - the time has really flown. My husband is big into surprises so he managed to plan this whole anniversary bonanza - from breakfast to dinner with a concert in between and just got to spend a lot of time together (which is a bit of a luxury given how busy we both are). Plus, to mark the occassion, he got me a Nintendo DS with a bunch of games. I know that this might sound kind of odd to most of you - but if you remember from my 100 things post - I have this guilty pleasure for video games. Anyway, one of the games is called Nintendogs - and I have a new virtual dog - meet Chewy!!!

Chewy is a shetland sheepdog and is very cute. Anyway, it's been an excellent source of procrastination.

Lastly, something very excited happened in the mail on Saturday....I received my first Crochet! magazine!!! They have a couple of patterns that I'm thinking about making - but it was just so cool receiving the magazine in the mail - it really made me feel more like I'm part of the crochet community. Thanks secret pal, again!!!!

Anyway, time for me to deal with dinner - have a great night.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

happy anniversary

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary . . . sounds like hubby is a real keeper . . . your Matilda Jane is coming along great . . . I can't see any unevenness . . . Chewy is a real cutie . . . so as a "vitural" dog do you have to feed hime, take hime outside to do his thing, to the vets, ya know all the "reality" stuff???????

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home