Friday, October 20, 2006

Busy, busy week

Sorry it's been about a week since my last post. It's just been so busy over here! Now that school started up again this week, it's been non-stop. I've had tons of meetings all week, one of my classes had an exam that I had to grade, and a variety of other school related stuff. So, I'm just so happy that the week is finally over!

I did get a little knitting done this week though! Specifically, I finished one of the hubby socks:

It's a simple six-stitch pattern - again, from Sensational Knitted Socks. It's a slipped stitch rib pattern. Anyway, I was a little nervous about it while I was working on it and especially once I finished it because I was concerned that it wouldn't fit my husband. Afterall, it is only my second full pair of socks, and it's not for me so it's not as though I could try it on as I go. But, the good news is that it fits and my husband..and he likes it! This is his first pair of handknitted socks so he was surprised at how different it felt from the machine made socks. So, it's all worth the effort. Now, I've just started up on the second sock. I just need to get myself past the cuff and leg - I find that the most annoying part. After that, things get more interesting and it goes a little faster.

I also finished the second skein of the baby blanket and am working on the third and FINAL skein! Hooray! Here's the current progress:
As I mentioned before, I like the feel of the knitted blanket so far - just not that yarn. I'm sure that the parents and hopefully the baby will appreciate it - I'll just be so happy to be done with it!

Well, that's it for now - have a great weekend everyone.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen Da Purse Ho said...

OMG I"VE DONE THAT SAME SOCk! it's a GREAT pattern!! hahahahaha from the same book too. hilarious.

the blanket is loking good :) they will be happy to have such a lovely blanket. if they arent'...take it back. hahaha

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home