Thursday, November 30, 2006

Oh the booty!

Thanks for all of your comments regarding our Thanksgiving dinner and such. I know many of you were interested in the apple cider brine. I was going to post it but I feel bad about doing that since it's copyrighted in a book. But...I can tell you which book it's from! It's from The Thanksgiving Table: Recipes and ideas to create your own holiday traditions by Diane Morgan. In that book, we used the apple cider brine recipe on page 53 (but also added the Juniper berries from the juniper brine on the same page). Then, we used the Herb-Roasted Turkey recipe on page 64 to actually cook the thing. Since we used a turkey breast, we waited until the internal temperature was around 155 and then had it sit for 30 min before carving...and that's it! I strongly recommend the book for your Thanksgivings - it has a lot of other really amazing recipes in there.

For those of you who wanted to see the setlist from the Coffee Music Mix from my coffee pal, Chris posted it on her blog in this post. So, you'll get all the various details there.

In other news, I received my knit kit from my other pal. Here's what I received:
So, you're looking at a kit for a lovely lace scarf pattern. The kit was sent with a pair of size 11 Brittany needles and 2 skeins of Lamb's Pride Bulky in pink and 1 skein of Louet Sales Mohair also in pink.

I must say that my knit kit pal definitely got down that I love pink and love natural fibers!! So, I'm very pleased.

In other knitting booty news, I went to the annual Smiley's yarn sale in NYC. If you haven't heard of Smiley's, it's a discount yarn store and although they're located in Queens, every year they have a big blowout sale in Manhattan. Anyway, check out what I bought myself!


So, on the left are 4 skeins of 100% cashmere - yes, pure cashmere yarn by Filatura Lanarota. Because it's a little hard to tell from the picture, the yarn is in a soft gray color. Each skein has 140m...so that's pretty good yardage. Here's the best part, I got a bag of these 4 skeins for $60..which is about 50% off of the regular price.
On the right, is a box of 10 skeins of Filatura di Grignasco Nature yarn - 50% merino and 50% alpaca. It's really beautiful, really soft & natural. Again, I got a super deal on the box - only $40.

So, here's the big question...what to make with such beautiful yarn? I can't decide so I'd love to hear your suggestions.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Shake yer booty, shake yer booty! ;)

Wow! You've had major yarn and mail mojo going on, haven't you?? Do you have enough of any of that Smiley's yarn for a small or large shawl?

10:20 PM  
Blogger JayJay said...

Thanks for the tip on the cookbook! I love cookbooks (all those photos of yummy things, what's not to like?), and that sounds like a great one to have in my collection.

That pink will make a beautiful scarf, and I personally love Brittany's. I've got to join some swaps, so I can get lovely packages too! :)

The cashmere was such a steal! Are you planning to hand dye the alpaca/merino? I bet it would work beautifully for that!

2:42 PM  
Blogger Jen Da Purse Ho said...

oooooh...you got a GREAT DEAL! i'm jealous!! :) i do'nt know what you should make. but i do know this...make something for yourself! :)

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home