Friday, November 10, 2006

Total exhaustion

What a week!! I can't believe it's finally over - but it was a crazy one with things at school. For example, yesterday I had a lab meeting with my research assistants and then treated everyone for dinner. So, I didn't get home until around 10pm. What also made this week different was that DH was on nightfloat - which means that his hours were from around 6:30pm - 10am all week. So, I haven't had much of a husband this week.

I have been doing a bit of knitting though - I started a pair of gloves for DH. He's been wearing the same gloves forever - I think they're from his teenage years! So, it's time for new gloves. I'm making them with Classic Elite Inca Alpaca yarn in a charcoal gray color. It's lovely to knit with and very soft. I finished one of the gloves - so I'm half way there. Once I finish the second glove, I'll be sure to post a picture.

I also forgot to mention that I had signed up for a Knit Kit swap. Basically, in the swap, you put together a kit for your partner - including pattern, yarn, needles, and notions. I'm also very excited about that one. Again, it's just one package so it's not a long commitment so it should be fun!

Sorry for the photo-less post. Next time, there will hopefully be glove pics!

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Hopefully you're having a relaxing weekend!

Is there any theme for the kit?

9:19 PM  
Blogger Old Knitter said...

I can't believe you signed up for another swap . . . wow and gloves for the hubby . . . you are diffently going to be one busy girl!!!!!

1:10 PM  
Blogger JayJay said...

Hello from another knitting professor! I found your site via Academics Knit. Just wanted to say that the droplet hat is lovely and I can't wait to see the gloves!

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home