Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Knitting galore!

I had a few free moments so I thought I'd take the opportunity to post. Anyway, the good news is that I have lots of FOs to report...okay, not lots - but a couple and one very much on the way so it just feels like lots.

Anyway, I finished the hubby socks in time for the birthday - and he loves them! Hooray! Here he is modelling them for me:
Don't they look great??!! And they fit. All good news. So, I'm happy to report that I actually finished my Socktoberfest socks in October as planned!

I also finished the baby blanket. Here it is in all of its glory:
I definitely don't like the blanket as much as my other projects - it's all the yarn's fault - but that's okay - I'm sure that the blanket will be appreciated nonetheless. I must say though that I will never use Homespun ever again - there's plenty of other suitable baby yarns out there!! So, now I just need to wash it before giving it to the parents - and that's all!

I also started the Droplet Hat from Knitting Nature. I've had my eye on this pattern for quite a while..and I was just waiting for the right opportunity. So far, this has been a great knit. Here's the progress so far:
I don't know if you can actually see the drops and the bobbles - the lighting wasn't the best - but they're there. I picked up this yarn when I was in London and just love working with it - it's very soft. I think that the colors might be a little distracting for the pattern - but I don't care - I like it anyhow. So, the pattern itself is pretty great - it has just the right amount of intricacy. This is actually my first hat and I'm very much enjoying how fast it's going - I'm about 2/3rds done, and I've only been working on it for a couple of days!!

In non-knitting news, last night I went out to dinner with DH and 12 students!! There's this promotional thing through the school that allows a faculty member to go out and spend time with students in a more relaxed atmosphere. So, we all had a very lovely Italian meal..lots of fun - but I ended getting back pretty late.

Oh, and the birthday was a success!! We had a lot of fun, and it's just always a treat to spend extra time together. I was planning on us going apple-picking...unfortunately, the weather ruined our plans..so we went to a museum exhibit in the city and also went to one of those pottery painting places where we painted a "tea for one" - it's a teapot with a teacup - once we get it back from the place, I'll take a picture of it so that you can check it out.

Well, that's it for now! Have a great night!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen Da Purse Ho said...

those socks look awesome! and your blanket is great too! man you are a busy busy knitter!

2:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey . . . socks & hubby's feet are cute . . . I have got to get that book! and the baby blanket looks like it is snuggly soft . . . one questions though . . . it looks like the hat was done on circular needles but not done in the round? . . . love the colors . . . they are so you!!!!!!

12:58 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

The socks look great, as does the baby blanket. I love the colours in the hat you are making. I bet it's going to look great when you get it completed.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home