Friday, November 17, 2006

I'm in paper hell!

Yes, it's true. I've entered paper hell. Here's why: I made a decision that would help my students - but hurt me in the process. I teach 3 classes and in each of my courses there are two papers due. So, here's the really stupid part. I allow students to hand in their papers 2 weeks early to get feedback and a preliminary grade so that their writing can improve for when they really hand it in. That's good for them - afterall, they get a better grade usually and they get to improve their writing skills. However, that's very bad for me because it basically means that I'm grading papers twice...and with about 100 students combined for all of my classes, that's a lot of papers!

The amount of papers for this week is particularly bad and so I thought I would share the amount of grading I have to finish this weekend:

This is our dining room table - and as you can see, it's covered in papers!!! I've graded about 12 or so of them so far - but have about 35 more to go! Fun fun!!

Plus, it's just been a crazy week - one of my classes had an exam - I had many meetings...I was at school late every day...it was just nuts.

So, unfortunately, I did not get much knitting done this week...I'm sure you'll understand. I thought I'd show you the progress on the gloves though. As I mentioned last week, one glove down and now the cuff and a pinky down on the other.

I'm really hoping that I can finish them this week...but we're hosting Thanksgiving - my in-laws are coming so there's going to be a lot to do this week!!!

I've also been preparing the packages for the swaps - and they're just about ready. So, I'm hoping (unless I get buried under these papers) that I'll make it to the post office tomorrow!

5 Comments:

Blogger JayJay said...

Ugh! That's a lot of papers to have to grade once, let alone twice! I also have papers to grade, but I thankfully I have more than a week to do it, and no in-laws to cook for. The gloves look great! I may try to knit some soon to get more practice using dpns.

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So it sounds like a lesson has been learned here . . . only grade papers once! . . . no wonder you are interested in the martini swap (hehehe) . . . gloves are impressive!!!!! Glad to heard you are hosting Thanksgiving again!

7:19 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Gloves are so ambitious for that much work - all those fiddly little ends!

6:56 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

*whimper* That picture is giving me a flashback to being a Rhetoric TA!!! Hope you've made great grading progress...

4:26 PM  
Blogger Jen Da Purse Ho said...

your gloves are so cute! :)
good luck w/ all the papers. i feel for ya. :)

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home