Friday, December 29, 2006

Closing out 2006

Hello everyone!

I am pleased to announce that the semester is finally behind me! All of my papers and exams are graded and the final grades are in. An added bonus...as of this minute, no emails complaining about grades! We'll see how long that lasts! So, now it's on to planning next semester!

In holiday news, on New Years' Eve, DH and I will be doing our yearly tradition - ever since we started dating, we celebrate New Years' Eve by cooking together a really amazing meal. We haven't finalized the menu - I'll be sure to post the menu in my post next week - but I can tell you that it will involve...cornish game hens! Then, on New Years' Day, we'll be over at my in-laws...every year they always have everyone over so that should be fun.

In knitting news, I finished the first "Like Father, Like Son" Sweater:
Isn't it adorable??!! It looks to me like it should fit your average 1 year old. As I may have mentioned last time, it was knit with Rowan Big Wool in Gingersnap. It's 100% merino wool - and so soft and cuddly. I hope that they like it!

So, once that was seamed up, I started the second one - this time knit in Bohemian - a lovely vibrant red!

I just love this color - right now, I've only finished the back, but I know it won't be long before the whole thing is finished. I just love this pattern - it is such a super fast knit!

So, with that...I think I'll end my post with a somewhat obtrusive picture of Sam!


Happy 2007 everyone!

5 Comments:

Blogger JayJay said...

Wow, the finished sweater looks great! I will have to check out that pattern. Also, the extreme close-up fo the cat is a riot! :)

5:57 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

I only had 3 students complain about their grades and luckily I had air-tight evidence of C-like performance:)
Sounds like a fantastic way to spend New Year's Eve, I might steal your idea...
Love the sweater, so cute, and the kitty is quite a rascal.

7:41 PM  
Blogger Jen Da Purse Ho said...

that sweater is FABOO!! i'm glad all the class stuff is behind you! :) my semester starts again on the 2nd! BLECH!!!!!!

11:08 PM  
Blogger Jen Da Purse Ho said...

hey..btw...where did you get the pattern for the sweater? :)

11:15 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Sounds like a great way to ring in the new year! Happy New Year to you and yours - and I love that picture of Sam. :)

12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home