Friday, December 15, 2006

Yes, I do make things other than hats...just not this week

I think I mentioned last week that DH wanted a hat to go along with his new gloves. Unfortunately, I did not have enough left over from the gloves so I had to go and buy another skein - luckily, the store still had the same yarn and dye lot. Well, it didn't take me long to finish the hat:


I'll have to get DH to model it soon - but the good news is that it fits him and he likes it so that's great. I used the Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns as a template - it's just a 3 x 3 rib on the bottom and then st st for the rest. Easy as that!


Then, I ended up making a new hat for myself. Don't get me wrong - I looooove my Droplet Hat. However, I think it's not as warm as I would like beacuse of the yarn. So, I bought a skein of this lovely bulky Catalina baby Alpaca yarn. This yarn is so luscious so soft! Plus, it's Alpaca so it should be very warm.


Anyway, so with this yarn, I knit up my very own first pattern! Here's my new hat:


It's knit with little knots throughout - here's a closeup of the stitch pattern:


If people are interested in the pattern, let me know and I'll be sure to post it in my next entry. It's pretty easy and super cute. I also promise to post both pictures of myself and DH modeling our new hats too. Unfortunately, I'm a little under the weather, so I wasn't feeling up to posing for the camera!

That's right...I'm feeling a little under the weather...again! Of course, this little cold came on immediately after my last class for the semester!!! Yes, classes are finally over!! Now, I just have a bagillion papers to grade and exams next week!

In other news, I just heard from my mom who happens to in from Zurich for the winter that two of my French cousins are now pregnant. Supposedly, they've been pregnant for some time..so, you know what that means....baby alert!! My brother in law's brother and his wife is also expecting - so I'm going to be knitting baby items for the near future!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i love baby knits! they are so fun and quick!! and big shower pleasers! :)

your hats came out so cute!

i hope you feel better soon. :(

11:32 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

That hat is really cool - I'd love the pattern! Sorry to hear you're not feeling well - hopefully you recover soon so you can enjoy your break!

11:33 AM  
Blogger JayJay said...

What a coincidence! I got sick the last week of classes too!

Love the hats, especially yours. Very elegant!

I hear you on the baby stuff. I've been stocking up on baby gifts (crochet afgans mostly) because I know so many people who are pregnant. I can't wait to see what you make!

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home