Sunday, December 24, 2006

Happy Holidays!

Well, my weekly post was a little delayed. It's been very busy around here - as I mentioned last time, I was a little under the weather and then I've been grading papers nonstop and then I had exams!!! Luckily, my exams are now over so I just need to grade them. The semester is finally coming to a close.

In knitting news, as promised, here are pictures of the Hubby Hat and Knotty Hat being modelled:


Also, I've posted the pattern for the Knotty Hat in the post below. So, check it out!

In other knitting news, as I mentioned last time, I got the news that there are going to be 3 babies born in the next 6 months or so. So, I've started knitting baby stuff. So far...one baby sweater almost done - it just needs to be sewn up and the neckline needs to be finished.
I'll repeat that - yes, I basically finished a baby sweater pattern in about 3 days. How was that possible? Well, it's the "Life Father, Like Son" pattern from the Yarn Girls' Guide to Kids Knits. Here it is so far:

It's knit with Rowan Big Wool in Gingersnap. Now, I'm not usually a big fan of the huge needles (I used size 15 needles for this)..but it certainly works for instant gratification. This will eventually go with the Pumpkin Hat that I'm planning on making from Susan Anderson's Itty-Bitty Hats.

I'll be knitting another one of these sweaters with the same yarn in Bohemian (a bright red color) with a hat in red to match.

Well, that's it for now - I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas.

4 Comments:

Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Wow I love your Knotty hat!! I'm on a major hat kick right now, and am eager to try yours, nice work!

2:58 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I think babies are probably the only ones who can get away with wearing things made from that the thick yarn and still look cute!

8:33 PM  
Blogger Knittymama said...

I just made two of those sweaters for my boys for Christmas. It's a great pattern.

2:40 PM  
Blogger JayJay said...

Both the sweater and hats are cute! Do you like the itty bitty hats book? I was thinking about getting it. All my friends are having babies!

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home