Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Back from Charleston

Hello everyone! DH and I are back from Charleston. We arrived late last night after a horrible flight back. Actually, flights back...our original direct flight was cancelled so we were re-routed..and didn't get back home until much later. This was a perfect bookend to our arrival which also was problematic...our luggage was detained for homeland security..so we arrived in Charleston..but our luggage did not..at least, not right away. We had to go back to the airport to get them. Anyway, aside from our troubles in travel, everything else was great. We had a great rest..saw much of the sites..and ate and ate and ate. I'll definitely be working on my eating for the next few weeks to make up for it!

While I was away, I managed to get some knitting in too! I finished the pumpkin hat! Check it out:
Isn't it adorable? If you recall, this hat is from the book Itty Bitty Hats. This one is made with RYC Cashsoft DK in Clementine - and the stem and leaves are in Rowan Handknit Cotton. I basically knit the pattern as is..but added a second smaller leaf.

I am very happy with how it came out..I think it looks great - so cute! Plus, it was a pretty easy knit and the pattern was well-written.

I also started working on the Bear Booties from the book, 50 Baby Booties to Knit. Here's my progress so far:
I think it may be a little hard to figure out from the picture so I'll walk you through it. The bottom cream color will be folded around for the sole - the dark brown above it is a very cute picot trim..and above that in the light brown is the main part of the booty - the part that comes out in the center will hold the foot..and the bear face will be embroidered there - and bear ears need to be knit. Right now, I'm working on the ribbing for the cuff.

Other than that, I'm freaking out a little because classes start up next week! So soon!! I have quite a bit to take care of before then - so, let's hope I can get it all done!

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Good luck getting all your stuff done before classes start!

The pumpkin hat is adorable!

1:32 PM  
Blogger JayJay said...

Love the hat and slippers! I think I may have to get the hat book, after seeing your pumpkin hat. :)

I am frantic as well getting ready for classes. Prepping a new course is so time-consuming!

3:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i'm glad you stated what the bootie was..i thought it was something...naughty. LOL. haaha. ooh...i should try those again. i tried those when i started to re-learn how to knit and they were scary for me! :)

i love the pumpkin hat too :)

10:17 PM  
Blogger Jen Da Purse Ho said...

ACK! that's the 2nd time that has happened..i'm the one that left the comment above. :) sorry about that!

10:18 PM  
Blogger Old Knitter said...

I love the pumpkin hat . . . going to make it and the bunny ear hat for my granddaughter (did the dropped flower one) . . . can't wait to see how the booties look when completed!

Linda

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home