Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I've been tagged

So, while I was away, I was tagged by my SP8 pal, Linda. I know most of you have seen and/or done the 6 Weird Things Meme...but just in case:

THE RULES: Each player of this game starts with the "6 weird things about you." People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says "you are tagged" in their comments and tell them to read your blog.

1. Food weirdness: I have a couple of weird things when it comes to food. For one thing, I have this thing against food "contamination"...not contamination in the normal sense, but instead, when I have food on a plate, I don't like the different food items to touch..I like them to stay separate. For example, it would bother me if I was having chicken with a sauce that got on the potatoes on the plate. Second, I have a very strange relationship with cottage cheese. There have been times when I have been obsessed with cottage cheese - wanting to eat it all the time..and then something will happen and I won't want anything to do with it. I'm currently in the latter phase.

2. I can't stand being late - I'd much rather be 15 or 30 min. early for some event than to be late. In fact, I often feel that being on time is really being late.

3. I talk to my cats - yes, I will have full conversations with them. They may not answer back, but I know that they're listening. In fact, because of this, my cats are rather vocal especially for British Shorthairs who are supposed to be a very quiet breed. I think they've learned that I communicate with my voice so why shouldn't they??!!

4. I love beauty products such as body lotions, soaps, bath gels, etc. I can spend a tremendous amount of time in a Bath and Body Works just checking out the lovely products. On a side note, I have a hard time throwing away products that are almost empty or that I don't use anymore..because I just might get back to it.

5. I frequently will burst into song about anything mundane. My husband will also join me in this. One of our current favorites is, "I don't need no stinkin' ipod" (we do own an ipod by the way...it just doesn't get used all that often.

6. Although I recognize that techonology is important and useful..there are a few areas of my life where I do not like technological advances...for example, I still use a filofax planner - I tried the PDA thing..and it just didn't work for me. I also still write out all of my teaching notes in a notebook rather than moving to typing everything into the computer...I probably should digitize my notes...but I just love writing them out by hand instead.

Well, there they are!! For any of you who haven't done this yet, you're tagged!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I talk to my cats, too! Chaos talks right back and May is learning how to. And I can twist any "real" song into being about the cats.

1:31 PM  
Blogger JayJay said...

How fun, although most of those things don't sound terribly weird.

My husband invents silly songs for everything. When we were engaged one of his favorites was "My Fiance" sung to the tune of "My Sharona." :)

3:57 PM  
Blogger Old Knitter said...

I talk to my cats but only one (Chole) talks back to me and she shakes her tail when she is happy! I also don't like my food to run into or onto each other!!!!

Linda

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home