Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The afghan is complete!

Hello everyone! HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!
I hope that everyone is celebrating with lots of kisses and chocolate!

Sorry it's been a few days since I've posted. There's a good reason for that. I REALLY didn't want to post again until I was finished or very near finished with the afghan...and it's DONE! Hooray!! Here's a picture:



So, here's the whole afghan - again the colors aren't so hot but you get the idea. That's my cat, Frodo, again at the top of the picture. It turned out a little shorter than it was supposed to - that's what happens when you decide not to do a gauge swatch, but I think it's long enough.

Well, I'm quite pleased with it. It's really just beautiful - the picture doesn't quite do it justice..and the yarn is just so soft and yummy. Beyond the finished product, I really learned a lot in the process - it was the first time that I did any sort of lace work and the first time that I did fringe so it was a good experience overall. Plus, it took me about 2 weeks. I think that's pretty good too - especially considering how long the sweater has been taking me....

Which reminds me - so, now I can get back to working on the Manly Sweater. I'm definitely looking forward to it because it'll be a lot easier than the afghan. Plus, I just want to get it done already!!!

In other news, classes have been going well - no complaints. Not much new on that front - except that I had a really great meeting with one of my colleagues in the department. She confided in me how she's been struggling with the students in this one particular class - because they basically challenge everything that she tells them - even if they're presented with tons of empirical evidence. So, she's very frustrated. I was just touched that she felt comfortable enough to share that with me. She also shared her frustrations with the tenure process since she's coming up for tenure this year...it definitely scared me to death! Luckily, I have some time before I need to worry about the whole tenure thing.

So, I need to run for now - I still have to deal with dinner both for myself and my hubby and my poor cats - but I wanted to make sure that I got to a little update!

Until tomorrow!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

The afghan looks great and Frodo looks ready to pounce on it. Great job you should feel proud.

1:16 PM  
Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

What a luscious looking afghan. The brown is really beautiful and it looks so soft and cuddly. Congrats on finishing it and getting back to the manly sweater. I get about a half row a day done on mine. This will take a year!

I didn't sign up for the knitting olympics. Don't need another thing in my life with a deadline. Too many years having that have made me do only what I really want to do, and that means no more deadlines.

It's so good that you have found another professor who is willing to share thoughts and experiences with you. It's a sign on things moving along well, I would think, for you in the new college.

4:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home