Friday, February 10, 2006

News, news, and more news!!!!

Well, there's quite a bit to report for today. Much news!

So, I got assigned my secret sister from the secret sister swap. Of course, I can't tell you who it is - but I'm very excited about it. If anyone has any good ideas about little gifties, that would be appreciated. The limit is $10 for all 3 months of the swap - so keep that in mind. I also got a little email from my secret sister - although she's not a secret. She revealed her identity - but that's okay.

In other blogging news, I signed up for another knitalong. It's the "Year of the Sweater" KAL - I thought it would make sense to sign up since I'm working on the manly sweater...well, once I actually get to finishing the afghan (more on that in a bit). Plus, I have many more plans for sweaters in the near future. So, I thought - why not??

Just a quick thought - is there anyone out there who HASN'T signed up for the knitting olympics? Don't get me wrong - I'd love to - but I have just too much going on to get involved in the knitting insanity - and that would also mean that I'd have to put my current projects on hold - and I really don't want to do that. I feel like we should - I don't know - create some kind of group for the rest of us who are knitting olympic spectators. I just feel so left out!!! Well, clearly I'm not the only one who feels this way. I was checking out Hazel Nutcluster's Blog and I found that she has this great icon:

This just totally sums it up for me!!!



The afghan has been coming along nicely - I have less than 2 more skeins of the MC to go - so almost there! The big engagement was last night - and then they leave for a surprise vacation (well, it's a little surprise for the bride to be) for about a week. So, I'm planning on giving it to them when they come back. I should definitely have it finished by then based on the rate that I'm going.

In other news, classes have been going well - but keeping me VERY busy. But, I found out something so weird - one of my colleague's daughter is in one of my classes!! I still haven't sorted out how I feel about that - but it just seems so surreal.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ninabeena said...

I'm not doing the knitting Olympics either. I just don't think I would be up for the challenge. I am fairly new to knitting and the sweater knit along is already quite a challenge to me....seaming!

4:21 PM  
Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

Prof and Hazelnutcluster, that knottygirls.com button is so darn cute! Thanks for sharing it. I'm not doing the Olympics either. Too much else to do and I want to enjoy any knitting time I have. Plus I reaaaally want to learn to spin.

3:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home