Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I hate being sick!

So, in my last post, I mentioned that I was feeling a little under the weather. Well, since the point, it's been more than a little. I was hit HARD by a very bad virus that left me with a fever of 102. Not fun! So, between the body aches, and the chills, and the coughing - I haven't been able to do any knitting - zip, zilch, nada. All I've been able to do is focus on sleeping and watching bad tv to pass the time.

I'm feeling a little better today - my temperature dipped slightly below normal for the first time. So, I think I'm out of the worst of it - which is a good thing because I had an advising day today and classes start tomorrow! It's just that this virus was such bad timing - there was so much that I needed to get done in the few days before classes started - but instead, I was stuck.

So, yesterday I was feeling pretty lousy - until - I got a surprise box in the mail! From my Secret 8 Pal!!! I opened it to find a wrapped box with a card:
How festive!!!

I opened up the wrapping and look what I found!:

On the left, a birthday card (my birthday is on Thursday!). Not just any birthday card - but probably one of the BEST birthday cards I've ever received because when you open the card, the "Chicken Dance" song starts playing. Let me tell you, I was feeling so sick yesterday that it was exactly what I needed to cheer me up - I just burst out laughing when I heard that music!! Too funny!

Then, on the right, a bottle of cabernet chocolate sauce!!!! It's supposed to be used with desserts - on ice cream, poundcake, strawberries, etc. This looks so awesome!!! I can't wait to try it!

So, thank you again, secret pal!! This was such a surprise!! I was not expecting to receive anything like this - I am truly spoiled!!! What am I going to do when this month is over, and I don't have you as a secret pal anymore??!!!

Before I close for today, I just thought I'd leave you with possibly the cutest picture of Sam and Frodo EVER!!
cutest cats ever1

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So did you do the "chicken dance" or are you saving it for your actual birthday????? I am so glad you liked your little birthday surprise . . . I am happy that I found a way to send chocolate during this heat wave . . . hope you get well soon . . . remember chocolate sauce, strawberries and ice cream get rid of germs!!!!!!

6:11 PM  
Blogger Jen Da Purse Ho said...

i'm sorry you were so sick. :( i hope you feel better sooon. YOur kitties are TOOOOOO CUTE!!

12:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh no. i'm so sorry that i forgot your birthday. if i was a good one skein pal i would have checked out all your sp8 answers to find that. and i hate to read that you've been sick, too. hope your b-day was delightful. am taking your last package to the post office today and you should get it next week sometime. have a great weekend. oh, hope your first half-week back to school met all your expectations!

11:30 AM  
Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

Happy Belated Birthday. And I second the chocolate sauce, strawberries and ice cream cure for too many microbes hanging around. Take it with plenty of vitamin C and you can't go wrong.

The kitties are resting? Amazing they aren't up eating all your yarn. Hope you feel better by now as this is five days later!

1:46 AM  
Blogger Eleni said...

seeing your kittens makes me smile--we had two very similar, Lucy (as in I love) and Gracie (as in Burns) that could have been dead ringers for Sam and Frodo. Gracie is gone now (We are not sure where exactly) but Lu-lu is here and crazy as ever. Hope you are feeling better!

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home