Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Disaster Averted!

Sorry it's been a little over a week since my last post. This weekend turned out to be quite busy. I had a kind of weekend retreat at school which ate up my entire weekend leaving what little free time I had to do...you know..work!
I did get a little knitting done though in the past week or so. I didn't get a chance to mention this, but I've been involved with this organization, Purls of Hope, which basically serves to knit items for teens with AIDS. So, last time I was there (about one month ago), they asked me to design a hat that the other volunteers could knit to keep the fashion conscious teens warm in this cold weather. I've been struggling a lot with it because I wasn't able to knit something that I was really happy with. I'm still not 100% happy with it - but the pattern is due tomorrow so it'll have to do. Anyway, here it is:

In case you're interested, it's basically increasing rows of seed stitch followed increasing rows st st. I should mention that I managed to avert disaster in the midst of my knitting - or actually, once I finished. I tried it on and it was just a bit too long. DH agreed that it needed to be shortened up a bit. So, I used the book, Knit Fix to help me..and it really did. I was able to detach part of the hem and reknit from the top down - which worked out much better. So, it is much improved and I learned a new skill. How about that!

By the way, does anyone know how to respond to comments via email? I currently get your comments in my inbox - but then I can't email you all back because it's a dummy email address (something like blogger@no-reply.com).. Just know that I love all of your comments and would love to respond - but haven't been able to quite figure out how!

5 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I think that the commenter has to have her email in her blogger profile in order to have email. A few of the people who have commented have emails in their from field. If I'm right about this, then you should have my email in this comment. If I'm wrong about it, well, you can look at my blogger profile (which always is linked in the email) and let me know I'm wrong!

2:51 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Kim's right - the blogger must be setup in Blogger with the email address in the profile. I use a sacrificial email address for this, since it leads to TONS of spam.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

D'oh! I forgot to comment on your hat! I think it turned out really well.

5:40 PM  
Blogger JayJay said...

Love the hat! I think it's quite stylish and hip. You definitely seem to have a knack for making cool hats.

I don't have any useful advice about responding to comments, because I get the same thing. It would be so much easier to respond if it just included the e-mail address in what's sent to your inbox.

These first two weeks of classes have been hugely busy for me too! Why must our knitting suffer for our careers?

4:07 PM  
Blogger Knittymama said...

Lovely hat!

I put up Haloscan in order to be able to reply to people. But only half my commenters use it. For them I often go to their blog if they've got one.

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home