Friday, February 09, 2007

Special day for a knitter

So, for those of you who knit and create your own patterns, you probably remember it - the very special day. That is, the first time that you became aware that someone had knit one of your patterns - and liked it.

Well, my friends, that time has come for me. Yes! At least one other person has actually knit A Knotty Hat. I kind of feel like a proud mama - you send your pattern into the world of knitting (which turns out to be a big one - ever since I submitted my pattern for Knitting Pattern Central, that site has generated a tremendous amount of traffic on my site...but not exactly the best kind...the kind that just checks out the pattern but then doesn't check out the rest of the site..but I digress) and then wait to see what happens. With all of the free hat patterns out there...and there are a lot...would anyone actually take notice of my little unassuming hat pattern?

Apparently, yes! It makes me very happy and makes me look forward to creating new patterns.

So, without further ado, check out the pictures of the first A Knotty Hat created by someone other than me!!

Just fantastic!

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Yay!!! It's wonderful. :) I know the proud parent feeling. ;)

8:52 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Wow, congrats, that is so exciting!! And the hat looks perfect...

6:03 PM  
Blogger JayJay said...

Congratulations! Does it feel a little like finally seeing a paper in publication?

It really is a cute hat. I would knit myself one, but southern California doesn't have a whole lot of hat-wearing weather. Maybe some gifts are in order?

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home