Friday, February 17, 2006

My cats take some of the spotlight

So, yesterday turned out to be a total bust. I got no knitting done because I was stuck in this faculty meeting for about 2 hours. So frustrating!! Plus, we didn't even discuss anything really essential - we were voting on this faculty handbook (ok, that's essential) but these faculty members were arguing about the most ridiculous semantic issues. When I came home after 8pm, I was just mentally and physically exhausted which meant that I did not knit and could not think about posting on the blog.

Today, I had a quiet day because I'm home on Fridays (no classes, yeah!). So, I got a lot of knitting done. So much, in fact, that I finished the red portion of the front of the sweater. Check it out:



Looks like I'm making good progress. I'm hoping that tonight - I'll start working on the second black stripe and will finish it...but we shall see.

How's everyone doing with the knitting olympics? I am not participating, as you know, but I've certainly been watching a lot of the olympics...it's very conducive to knitting. Anyway, for some reason, practically every time I sit down to watch the olympics (when it's not prime time), I keep getting Curling. Has anyone else experienced this too? Now, I don't want to offend any curlers out there - Curling is perfectly fine - I wouldn't mind watching a match or two even though it's not the most exciting - but everytime??!!


And now for something completely different, my cats wanted some blog attention. So, here they are:


So, you've met Frodo already. This is him again in all of his glory. He's the big brother - and if that's not enough - you get a view of my bathroom door and hamper (which desperately needs attention - but lucky for me I won't need to suffer that embarrassment since the top is cut off).













And this here is Sam - the little brother. He's still a kitten..but not for long, he'll be a year in about a month. Although he was very interested in the camera, by the time the delay kicked in between me pressing the button and the picture actually being taken, he kept finding something else to be interested in...so, this was the best glamour shot he'd give me this evening.

So, that's it for now - I'm actually starving so I'm about to heat up some dinner - and then back to working on that sweater!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! Ah!! What a lovely Sweataahh! Tryed a touch of ryming there not very successfully of course.
About the Olympic..Yep Curling it is all the time and one point I thought that was all that the olympics was made up of this time round but then for 3 days in a row I got snowboarding so i knew that there were at least 2 different sports.
I do like the Sweater thought

12:33 PM  
Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

Curling three evenings in a row? I'm wondering if it's because they share a facility with the skaters and so have to wait their turns at an inconvenient time.

Love the kitties! Thanks for sharing the piccies.

The manly sweater is coming along very well. That is the manly sweater, right? I am easily confused.

2:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home