Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Apples - not oranges!

Well, it's been a crazy week. Meetings and classes and writing, oh my!! Good news at work though - one of my students just won a travel award for a conference to present our research. So, that's good news for my student and great news for me!

In knitting news, I finished the apple hat:
What do you think? I'm pretty happy with how it turned out...and it will go well with the red sweater too.

So, now I'm working on that second pair of bear booties. It's slow going - but maybe since I've done one pair already I'm hoping it'll go a touch faster than the previous pair.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kayleen said...

Adorable hat. You did a really great job on it. And I really enjoy reading your blog. I have it marked as one of the blogs I check daily as it is always so interesting.

Kayleen

10:24 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Very cute hat!! And congrats to you and your student.

9:22 AM  
Blogger JayJay said...

The hat is so cute! I love the green leaves. They really make the hat.

That's great news for you and your student. Isn't it nice when your mentoring pays off?

4:09 PM  
Blogger Knittymama said...

That's adorable. I love how the leaves turned out!

9:02 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

That hat is truly nutty, I love it!!

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home