Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Love is in the air!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I hope that everyone is having a fantastic day!

Since this day is supposed to be about love, I thought it be kind of fun to think about five things that I really love (hey, feel free to do this as well on your blog - think of it as a little love meme). Now of course I love my husband and the rest of my family and my cats. But, I thought I'd think about the other things in life (the ones that we may not notice, everyday kind of pleasures) that I love that make my life happy.

I love spending the entire day indoors in my pajamas especially when it's cold - just spending the whole day with my hubby and the cats, snuggling, watching bad movies and tv, and knitting.

I also love spending the entire day with my husband, walking the city, holding hands, and just talking, talking, talking. With both of our crazy schedules, this is a real treat.

I love how I feel after an incredible lecture that I've just given - the kind where the students are constantly participating, engaged in class, seeing things in a new way..there's learning and laughter and excitement.

I love when Frodo has this overwhelming need to be loved NOW - he jumps on the couch, snuggles in one of the couch nooks with me, starts purring like crazy, and gives me lovey dovey eyes. This is especially meaningful because he's the more reserved of my two cats - so when he wants love it's very special.

I love that feeling of the first day of a vacation or weekend - or the eve of that first full day of vacation. All that free time ahead of you (all that free knitting time) - from this vantage it seems almost like it'll last forever (at the same time, I also hate the last day of any vacation, I'd actually much rather deal with the first day back at work than the last day of vacation).

I also found a new pattern that I love love love!!! I recently saw the previews for the new RYC book Classic Coast. I adore this pattern:

Hartland

It has certainly stolen my hart.

I can't wait to start knitting it. That is, once I can finally finish all of those baby gifts!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger JayJay said...

What a great meme! I can totally relate to the walking and talking with the husband. We do the same thing (not often enough, though). I can also relate to the feeling of giving a good lecture, although yours sound much more engaging than mine! :)

That pattern is really cute! I may have to take a peak at that book.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I'm with you on spending the day in pjs and just relaxing! Ahhh...

10:32 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Yes, I also love the post-lecture 'slam dunk' feeling, like you just hit the right notes...cool meme, love it!

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home