Friday, March 23, 2007

Ahoy! New knits ahead!

Yes!!

They're done! They're finally done! No more baby booties. Both pairs are now officially ready to go. I mean, they are very adorable..and I am sure that they will be a big hit with the new mommies...but it was a lot of work for something that probably won't be worn very much.

So, what's next? If you remember, I have yet another family baby to knit for. A girl! Yeah! There will be no baby booties in sight. So, what am I thinking of? Well, I will be knitting two items from Natural Knits for Babies and Moms by Louisa Harding. Specifically...












The Harvey Kimono for girls with the picot trim and




The Amelie Dress

Also, I thought I'd try another one from Itty-Bitty Hats since the Pumpkin/Apple Hats were so successful. So, this time, I'm doing something a little more girly and I've chosen the Marshmallow Bonnet.
So, what do you think? Now, I just need my yarn to arrive. I can't wait to get started!

7 Comments:

Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

I say the kimono for sure--a unique gift that the mom will treasure!

1:48 PM  
Blogger JayJay said...

Both the sweater and the dress are very cute! I've heard that kimonos are very useful when they're little and that dresses are great for when they're a little older. She's going to be well-dressed that's for sure!

I love the marshmallow bonnet! There's something irresistable about all that fuzzy softness.

Even though they take a ton of time on those small needles, the bear booties really are cute! I'm sure the recipients will love them.

I hope you were able to slog through all your papers!

3:15 PM  
Blogger BeatrixB said...

the bear booties are so adorable!! and the kimono... wow, go for the kimono, please... :-)


oh, and ... may I add your blog to my linklist?

:) Bea

4:32 PM  
Blogger Sus said...

So... Many... Cute... Baby... Knits... Head... Exploding... How can you possibly choose? I say knit them all!! Why not?

12:16 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Your booties are SO cute. DEFINITELY the kimono - it's just adorable!

10:50 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Those booties are the cutest! But I could see not doing them again. There are so many cute things for babies, you really don't need to repeat. I think the kimono sweater looks like fun!

4:49 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

How cute! Those booties turned out so adorable! And I need that Natural Knitting book, those patterns look wonderful.
So much to knit, so little time!
Happy knitting,
ali
www.skeinsherway.com

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home