Friday, March 16, 2007

It's that time again!

Yes, it's that time again - paper time! Do you remember last semester, I was complaining about being in paper grading hell because I decided to assign two papers in each of my three classes and gave my students the opportunity to hand in early drafts? Well, I still decided to give them the opportunity to hand in first drafts for comments and preliminary grades..but there's only one paper in each class - and they're slightly more spread out. So, this round isn't nearly as bad as last semester. I'm already more than halfway through this group of drafts. So, the end is in sight - but this gives you a little sense of what my weekend will be like.

In other news, I'm almost through with the last pair of baby booties. All of the knitting is done - I've just got sewing to do..which is my least favorite part. I just heard today though that family baby # 3 is actually a girl! I'm so excited. So, once these gender neutral gifts are out of the way for two of my cousins, the third will be a whole lot more fun. I'm thinking a knitted dress will be in the works!

So, I think I'll leave you for this week with a really snuggly picture of Frodo.
Is he too cute or what??!! He's snuggling up to the cushion!!

6 Comments:

Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Aww, he's a rascal for sure!

6:43 PM  
Blogger Jen Da Purse Ho said...

HAHAHAHA i always wondered if my profs and TA's regretted assigning huge papers and projects b/c they have to grade them. :) tee-hee...

your frodo is CUUUUUTE!!

8:34 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Eeeeek! Flashback to my brief stint as a TA...... *whimper*

Aw, Frodo - what a fabulous picture!

3:00 PM  
Blogger JayJay said...

I am so in the same hell as you! I just got over 40 papers and I'm still working on 20 from my other class. We will have to share a virtual drink when we're both done!

How fun, girly knitting! So many people I know are having surprise babies, it's very disappointing for my knitting. ;)

1:01 PM  
Blogger BeatrixB said...

I join you in hell, I teach English 1010, "introduction to composition" and the classes have to write 10 essays per semester...

Frodo is very cute - we have a Chihuahua who thinks she is a cat :-)

and yeah, I am knitting the Lotus Blossom Tank (Interweave) currently. Baby project would sound cool, too, but no one in my circle is pregnant...

Well, may the force be with you when grading...

10:46 PM  
Blogger Kayleen said...

I'm looking forward to seeing a picture of the booties when you finish them.
Kayleen

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home