Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Ok...it's time

My weekly post is a bit late, I'm afraid. What's worse - I have to follow up my lateness with a less than satisfying blog post. You see...I'm still at work (more on that later) and hence, camera-less. So, no pics to brighten up my post. I'm hoping you'll forgive.

It's just been one of those weeks - and it's not over yet.

On the knitting front, I finished one of the bear booties...so 3 down, 1 more to go! I'll tell you - it'll be a long time before I knit baby booties again! Especially booties on bamboo size 1 straights (don't ask).

I also was at Purls of Hope last week and taught a bunch more people how to knit - plus, I'm working on another hat pattern for them...which I will probably post on this blog as another free pattern when I'm finished. It's a lovely cable and rib hat b/c I've been seeing a ton of cable and rib hats recently. Is it just me or is there some kind of cable and rib trend? Anyway, the news on the hat front is that it got me to learn a new skill. Yes! I can now cable without a needle!! I knew it wouldn't be much of a problem..I just needed to find the time to sit down with that tutorial. Which tutorial? That tutorial. Very useful if you haven't seen it.

On the non-knitting front, it's been hellishly busy at school. Yesterday, both TAs for my lab class were sick so I had to fill in for both of them which meant I was at school very late. This was the same day that I heard from one of my students that the student club (which I advise) would be having a "Career Night" tonight at 8pm. So, I feel like I'll never be getting home. Which is exactly why I'm blogging now - because it'll just never get done otherwise!

But, there is good news - one of my papers that was under review is getting published. Hooray! And, it couldn't have come at a better time b/c my yearly faculty review is due Friday! This is certainly one time when procrastination comes in handy!

5 Comments:

Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

I totally feel your 'staying late on campus' pain...I'm staying late every night this week! Argh...luckily next week is Spring Break so I'll have plenty o' time to catch up on my sloughing off time!
Congrats on the paper, that's fantastic!!

7:44 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Congrats on the paper!! And I hope things settle down soon at work for you. Funny, I've heard the same thing from everyone who's knit animal-themed baby booties - never again!

7:48 PM  
Blogger granolagirl said...

Great tutorial that you posted, I just learned cables, but still feel this is within my reach, so thanks for that.
Congrats on the paper, I've been waiting for over 6 months for a paper in review and know how frustrating it can be (especially when you are an undergrad and it is a key feature on your resume).

1:49 PM  
Blogger JayJay said...

Congrats on the paper, and what perfect timing! It's always good to add another line on the vita. :)

Both sick on the same day! Ugh! I had a really bad week last week, so I feel your pain. Is it spring break yet?

I am looking forward to the next hat pattern. Considering your schedule you are getting an impressive amount of knitting done! Do you knit in your sleep? ;)

8:06 PM  
Blogger BeatrixB said...

Hi there,

I just found your blog yesterday and got so inspired that I started my own.

I will come back and read more,promised! I love your post and your projects. I am an adjunct English instructor and knitting keeps me sane.

:) Bea

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home