Friday, March 30, 2007

Now, I know I said I'd show you a completed back

Well, it's official - I'm on break!!! Thank goodness because I really need a break. Today, I am happy to say that I did nothing. Well, not nothing - I did a little knitting...but nothing for work. Of course, that's quickly going to change - I have a lot to get done during break..but I figured that I deserved one day truly "off". I haven't had a day of no work since probably winter break - so it's long overdue.

So, onto the knitting...I know I promised I would show you a completed back for the Harvey Kimono. Well, I actually have something better! I finished the back AND the front!! That means that all I have left is the sleeves, edging, and seaming. Here's what it looks like so far:

Doesn't it look great? I love the color - the picture is a pretty accurate depiction - it's this very soft subtle pink. Do you see the picot trim? I just love it.

In terms of the knitting itself, I'm really enjoying working on the kimono. It's not the fastest baby sweater to knit (like this or this) but it's very enjoyable to knit. So, I think that's why I was able to whip through the front of it. Anyway, this pattern definitely gets my two thumbs-up because it's so cute and very fun to knit.

In other knitting news, I forgot to mention a few of my new finds. First, I got that new Favorite Socks book. If you haven't gotten it, you should. It has so many very very lovely patterns. As soon as I get out of this baby knitting, I will definitely knit up some of those pairs.

Also, I found a new site that I thought would be of interest. If you haven't seen it, check out The Walker Treasury Project - at this site, people are contributing color photographs of swatches from the Walker treasuries. As much as I can appreciate the treasuries, the black and white doesn't quite do it for me. So, this project is just very very cool. Enjoy!

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

That kimono is looking so cute... Favorite Socks is on my list, too!

Walker Treasury Project is a cool site, isn't it?? It gives me ideas...

12:14 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Yes, I love that Favorite Socks book as well. I am especially attracted to the binding!

8:07 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

Yay for completed backs and fronts! I love that picot trim. I just got the Natural Knits book and may have to add one of those kimonos to my baby knitting list! So cute!
Well, enjoy for break,
happy knitting,
ali

1:27 PM  
Blogger JayJay said...

The baby sweater looks adorable! Also, thanks for the info on the book and website. I haven't knit any socks yet, but I have yarn (Jitterbug) and some needles to give it a try.

Enjoy your break! Mine flew by, but it was nice to not have class for a week.

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home