Ever have one of those weeks?
Well, boy did I have one! It was a brutal week this week. I got very little knitting done - so I will have to bore you with a pictureless post. I should have predicted it though - I am about to embark on a series of very crazy weeks. So, this was the last week before I'm all over the place which meant I had a lot to get out of the way first. What exactly am I talking about?
1. Well, this week was "normal". Meaning that I had my normal classes and was home.
2. Next Wednesday, I leave for a conference in Florida (yea! sun!) and won't be back until late that Sunday (4/29).
3. Then, I have a semi-normal week except that there's reading week and the last day of classes - but on Saturday night (5/5), I leave for Israel for school (don't ask).
4. I'm away in Israel until the following Sunday (5/13)
5. The following week, my students have exams and commencement (I can't believe the school year is almost over - this is actually very scary b/c it means that I will have been through 2 whole years as a faculty member. Woah!)
6. The week after that starting 5/24, hubby and I are going on a little vacation to the West coast and I won't be back until 6/4
Did you manage to get all of that? So, basically it's going to be very crazy and I will be living out of a suitcase for the majority of the next month. As much as I love travelling, I'm kind of torn about all of this because I usually prefer my routine of being home and snuggling with my cats...but I guess there's always time for routine.
Anyway, so about this week - yes, so it was crazy. I was getting home very late each night - and really had no opportunity and was too tired to knit. I assume you get this way as well, right? It was just too much to grasp those needles.
So, what was I doing? A lot of different things...mostly meetings. I ended up serving as a last-minute judge for a speech competition over here - and had to sit in on a few job talks for another department - and had meetings with students...it was just crazy.
I'm just very happy that it's the weekend - I have a lot to do before I leave, but at least I'll be able to get in a little more sleep.
So what does all of this means? Well, most likely, my blogging will be even more sporadic than in the previous few weeks. However, there is some good knitting news in all of this - lots of plane rides means lots of knitting time. I can't wait to catch up!