Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Gimme a break!

Sorry it's been a little while since my last post...I'll explain.

As I mentioned last time, I'm on break right now...classes begin again on Thursday. During this break, I had envisioned getting some extra sleep, extra work done, and of course, some extra knitting done. Well, I actually did get a lot of work done and some sleep in...but unfortunately, I came down with a cold!! Yes, it always seems that whenever I have a break, I end up sick..and of course, that happened here. It's such a shame because I hate being sick on break!!

So, I didn't get nearly as much knitting done as I would have liked. But, I did nearly finish the Harvey Kimono. Check it out!!

I know it looks finished, but I still need to seam one side and block it. Once I do that, I'll post more detailed pictures. But, it's soooo close to being done. What do you think? I'm really happy with how it came out.

So, I started working on the Amelie dress too. There's still a lot ahead of me for that one though so it's not worth taking a picture of yet.

Anyway, that's basically it for now. Just one day let and then it's back to the grind!! Lucky for me, the end of the semester is right around the corner!

9 Comments:

Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

I am always ultimately disappointed by speing break because I have unrealistic expectations about what I can accomplish, and of curse then reality gets in the way...try to cram all your fun into tomorrow and then you'll feel satisfied!

6:40 PM  
Blogger JayJay said...

Sorry to hear about being sick! I had the same thing happen to me for my spring break. Probably has to do with fluctuating stress hormones, etc., etc.

The kimono looks great! I love the picot edging and the soft color.

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i used to get sick all the time too. out w/ my tonsils! hahhahah. :)
that baby sweater is SUPERB!! :)

feel better soon. :)

1:39 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

The kimono is fabulous!

That always used to happen to me, too, when I was in grad school - something about the stress level dropping for break threw my system out of whack.

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank goodness for summer vacation or I would never get any knitting done either!

9:18 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

I hope your cold passes quickly- and stays away a very, very long time!
That sweater is precious, I love the trim.
Congrats on being so very close to project completion!
Happy knitting,
ali

4:36 PM  
Blogger randi K design said...

I love your little jacket!!! - and your baby shoes.... Great blog!

5:31 PM  
Blogger BeatrixB said...

that jacket rocks! I love it
great job!

and thanks for y. comment on my stole

:) Bea

12:27 PM  
Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

That's a very sweet little baby sweater. I like the kimono style, too. Less fuzz right around a little baby's mouth, they grab their sweaters and stuff them in their mouths, as people find out. heehee

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home