Saturday, May 19, 2007

It's been another busy couple of weeks

Sorry it's been another two weeks since I've updated my blog. It's just been a busy few weeks - as I predicted. Also, I'm sorry I haven't been as good about commenting on your blogs as usual. I just haven't been able to keep up recently with everything on my plate...but soon, things are about to quiet down.

So, about a week ago I was in Israel. Everything on the trip was fine - but exhausting. I was basically advising students all week from 8 in the morning until 5 - it was a very long week. Plus, Israel isn't my favorite place in the world so I was just very happy to come home. On the bright side, I managed to get quite a bit of knitting done due to the extremely long plane ride (on the way home it was 12 hours!!!).


Once I got home, things didn't exactly quiet down b/c my students had exams that needed to be administered and graded and then there was commencement. So, it was very busy. The good news is that everything is graded - my final grades are all in. So far, no complaints about the final grades either - but we'll see how long that lasts.

So, I think things are about to get a little more manageable. Right now, my husband is away at a conference in California - and on Thursday I will be meeting him in San Francisco for our little vacation. We'll be spending a little over a week going from San Francisco to Portland to Seattle. Even though it means getting on more planes and packing yet again, I'm very much looking forward to getting away for a few days. I think I deserve a little vacation.

In terms of knitting news, I have managed to get a nice amount done in the last two weeks given the circumstances. So, here's the progress on the Amelie dress:

So, looking at the picture, the back (on the right) is finished - and for the front, I need to just shape the neck. So, we're almost there - then it's seaming and creating the little flowers. I think it's really looking good - but I'm getting tired of all of the st st. By the way, in case you're wondering, that's Sam's paw in the upper left corner - he just can't help himself whenever I try to take a picture of my knitting.

Anyway, that's basically it for now. I'll be sure to update before leaving for my trip. Until then, enjoy the rest of the weekend!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's good to see you didn't disappear off the face of the earth!! :) jk.

kitties can't avoid being in knit pictures. they like the attention hhahaha

have a good trip!!

1:42 AM  
Blogger JayJay said...

Enjoy your vacation! It sounds lovely and well-deserved. I hope you don't get any student complaints (we can dream, can't we?).

9:48 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

It definitely sounds like you need a break! Have fun!! (Oh, and I think Sam is being pretty restrained there, based on my usual experiences training to pake pictures of knitting!)

10:00 PM  
Blogger JayJay said...

You've been tagged for the "7 things" meme! (Once you are back in the country, that is). :)

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home