Friday, May 04, 2007

Well, don't say I didn't warn you!

Didn't I tell you that my posting would be more erratic than usual? I'm sorry to say that my predictions were correct. This really is the only free few minutes I've had to stop and blog. Plus, it's not like it's any quieter right now either - I'm leaving on a plane to Israel tomorrow and I haven't even packed yet!

So, two weeks ago (geez, has it really been that long??), I was telling you about the conference that I was about to have. Well, it was really quite a success. First, it was great getting some warmer Florida weather. But, I really didn't get to sightsee so much. I did get to present my research, and it was a lot of fun and very well-received. So, it was pretty successful - and I got some work in and a little knitting on the plane. Here's the progress I've made so far on the Amelie dress:
I think it's looking pretty cute - but the miles of st st is starting to get to me. Too bad I still have the back to finish and the entire front to start.

I know the progress I've made so far isn't terribly impressive - but it is impressive given everything else that's been on my plate.

So, I got back from the conference on Sunday and since then it's really been a whirlwind as I tried to fit everything in before leaving again. To give you a sense, I was up until 1am on Wednesday this week working on a paper that's due today!!

I just had a ton of other meetings along with the last day of classes this week, exams to prepare, papers to grade, etc. etc. Lucky for me, this will all be behind me soon - and then things will be back to "normal".

I still have a bunch of things to deal with this summer - so it's won't be a cakewalk - but not having to worry about lectures for the time being will make things a touch more manageable.

Okay, so that's it for now. Sorry for all the craziness - believe me, it's no fun living it!!

4 Comments:

Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Today was our last day of classes and I am so happy about that...can't wait to see more of Amélie!

8:28 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

That is going to be one cute dress!! Have a wonderful trip!!

1:31 PM  
Blogger JayJay said...

The progress on the dress looks great! At least st st is good for when you are busy or on the move, which seems to be the case for you the next few weeks. I hear you on being glad to be done with lectures! I only have one left (Wednesday) and I'm so relieved to be done. If only I didn't have exams to prep, papers to grade.......

Hang in there! Summer is almost here. :)

1:29 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Hate to do this to you, but you're tagged. See my blog.;)

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home