Saturday, June 30, 2007

Boy! It has been forever!

I can't believe that it's been over one month since I've blogged. I can't really explain it - except that I had a really busy few weeks and then...I just didn't feel much like blogging. Have you had that feeling before? I just wasn't in the blogging state of mind, and I honestly didn't have all that much to report.

Our little trip to the Northwest was really great. We had a wonderful time - we were in San Francisco, Portland, and Seattle. It was just fantastic to get away for a few days, and we really had an opportunity to relax.
Since we got back though, it's been pretty uneventful. I've been working on a few things for work, doing a little bit of knitting, a little bit of reading, catching up on some research, etc. etc.

So, in terms of knitting, I finished the gift set for my brother-in-law's brother's new baby. Actually, they just had their baby this week - and I just finished the gift. So, it went in the mail today. Anyway, so check out everything in its finished glory:

Harvey Kimono Wrap Sweater

Didn't it come out nice? I'm really happy with it. Plus, I got extra special buttons for it. I went to this specialty button store in the city (all they sell is buttons!!!). I think I picked the perfect cutest buttons. I won't tell you what I spent on them b/c it was outrageous - but it really makes the sweater. So, here are some closeups of the buttons:









Can you see them? They're little bears!! I think they're just adorable - so those are right on the outside of the sweater..and then, on the inside:
Little flowers!! So cute!!












Amelie Dress


Next up, the Amelie dress. I decided to add way fewer flowers than the original. I just thought it would get to be a little over the top. So, I randomly added flowers to the front and back - I also got special buttons for the dress too - it's hard to see so I'll just describe them. They're little mother of pearl heart buttons at the top by the strap. They really just seemed perfect for the dress. Anyway, here's the front and back of the dress. It didn't photograph nearly as well as it looks in real life - but you get the idea:



















Marshmallow Bonnet
And...last but not least, the marshmallow bonnet - this was also a little hard to photograph but hopefully, you get the idea. I did end up knitting this as suggested with Rowan Cashsoft and Rowan Kidsilk Haze - and it really makes a big difference. The bonnet just ends up looking delectable.


So, the baby knitting is done, right? I can actually knit a little something for me! Well, not quite. We just found out that my sister-in-law is now pregnant. So, the baby knitting just doesn't stop. Since this is my husband's only sibling who is pregnant, I'll be going all out with a bunch of different things....so, it'll be all baby knitting, all the time!!
Well, that's it for now. Enjoy July 4th and the rest of the weekend!

5 Comments:

Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

All of your baby knits are too darn precious! Careful, your relatives will come to expect a baby layette from you every time!

1:58 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Aw, really cute baby knitting! Welcome back to blogland. :)

9:15 PM  
Blogger BeatrixB said...

these are gorgeous! Great job! that baby sure is lucky!

by the way, seems you did not blog the entire time I was in Germany. so I did not miss much, since I was hardly online, although I did a lot of knitting over there!

Welcome home then, to you and me!

Bea

9:17 PM  
Blogger JayJay said...

Welcome back! :) Those baby items look very cute! I'm sure the parents will be so thrilled to get them. I am having the same experience. As soon as I finish knitting for one baby, another friend announces that they are expecting. At least baby items are small and very rewarding to knit!

6:14 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Hey there- welcome back. Great finished objects! That bonnet really does look sweet, I can picture it on a wee little thing...
Have a great 4th!
Happy knititng-
ali

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home